Our Frequently Asked Questions
May 24-26: Fey Runnings
June 21-24: A Kingdom for a Cure
July 19-21: Festival of Crows
Aug 23-25: A Valed Threat
Sept 20-22: Bladehunting
Oct 18-20: Clearcut
Nov 15-17: Destiny Finale of Season 2
Updated: April 10,2013
Off with a Baaaaa
Our LARP is in full swing! We have just completed our first full weekend event and have 5 more to go this season! You can check them all out on our Events page
Updated: May 16, 2012
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get Involved?
- What happens on a weekend event?
- Do you only run weekend events?
- Where are the weekend events held?
- How do I earn Experience?
- Can I be a Monster?
- Are there age restrictions?
- What are the costs involved?
- When you come to one of our weekend events, you will come to our campsite that we have decorated to be a fantasy medieval town. We will assign you to a cabin (you can bring a tent if you prefer). The game will begin Friday night. From that point on until the game ends on Sunday afternoon (Monday afternoon on long weekends) there is no stopping; not for dinner, not for sleeping, not for anything short of an emergency. Adventuring will be going on around you at all times, and sometimes something as simple as traveling from your cabin to the tavern can be a matter of life and (game) death. A typical weekend event will have you in the thick of things in no time!
- No. We also run taverns, masquerades and one shot "modules". These normally happen in the winter months when we don't really want to be treking through waist deep snow.
- You are automatically given a basic number of "XP" for each event based on your current skill level and the length of the event. Unlike other similar games, we do not believe that experience should only be given out for beating up monsters. We think that the bard in the tavern contributes just as much (if not more) to the game than the "stick jocks" and therefore we reward all players equally.
- Nonplayer characters (NPCs) such as monsters are controlled by a "Monster Master." If you wish to play a monster on a weekend, you do not have to pay to attend (although you do have to be a current member for insurance reasons). In exchange, you must do what the Monster Master tells you and play the parts he or she needs you to play. Brand new players are encouraged to "NPC" their first event, as it is a great way to try many different styles of combat, learn the rules quickly, have mentoring and training, and get a good feel for what kind of character you would eventually like to play.
- Yes. Due to the activities and some themes that are involved with the LARP all players must be 18 years of age. This also covers our insurance policy requirements.
- We have a yearly membership of $40. This helps us to purchase props, costuming and deposits on the venues. Each event will also have a cost to cover the venue expenses (a weekend has a cost of $75 for instance). Your equipment, weapons, gear etc will have a varying cost so it's hard to gauge that on our end for you.
- Even if you plan to only NPC, you will still need to be a member as this covers you for our insurance.